Our origins are built on engagement at community events.
We make community-led films, organise community-led events and run community-led skillshare/workshops in our local area. This ensures that when we say we are community-led we really are community led!
In the heart of North London a huge new development is being planned by Camden Council and local landowners. We wanted to find out what impact this is going to have on the local community….
Made by Camden Community Makers as part of the Camden Community Film Festival 2019
- Organising activities, workshops and events with other community organisations through regular engagement
- Arts-based practice, encouraging people to express their ideas and dreams of the community they want to live in through creative practice, including drawings, craft-making and film
- Organising workshops that give real value to people and that allow people the space for storytelling and conversation whilst making and crafting
- Map making; how can we imagine our future unless we can visualise it. We design and deliver icon and legend design workshops. Drawing and felting maps of Murphy’s yard and the Kentish Town Development Framework site.
Exhibiting engagement material:
- Sharing engagement material on social media
- Creating mailing list for members of the public interested in further engagement and emailing updates and news on specific local interest